Wednesday, February 12, 2014

February 12, 2014 Bought Our New Farm Truck and Pineapple Zucchini

Hi y'all.  I got up early this morning as I was supposed to go with a friend of mine to visit another lady.  My friend woke up with a tummy ache so we aren't going.  I admit I wasn't thrilled about getting up early but thought it would be a nice thing to do for my friend.

Now I have time to do some other stuff.  There may be time for Jace and I to go look at another truck we found about an hour away.  First, I need to put laundry away and let the chickens out.

I did manage to redo my header to something I like.  Blog work is always so tedious.

Reading over some blogs this morning I found a canning recipe for Pineapple Zucchini.  Now most of you know that zucchini can be very prolific.  There's even jokes about people locking their cars so no one can sneak a bag of zucchini into their front seat.  If I'm lucky enough to have a prolific amount of zucchini I'm going to be using this recipe.



Finally!  I am so happy the truck buying adventure is over.  We decided to go see one of the trucks Jace found on the internet.  The salesman assured us it hadn't been in a flood or fallen off a cliff.  It drove like a dream and about 30 seconds into the test drive Jace declared this was the truck he had been looking for.  We made an offer and 2 hours later I was driving it home.  Jace had to leave and go to work so I had to stay at the car place and finish up the paperwork, transfer insurance, and clean out the car we used as a trade in.  (Kind of convenient Jace had to leave and I got stuck with all the dirty work, if you ask me.)

Now I can get back to gardening and chicken-ing stuff.  I'm really going to have to start thinning out the chickens.  I just can't seem to find the time.  Or maybe I don't want to find the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment