Sunday, February 2, 2014

February 2, 2014 Rain and More Camper News

Today it is raining, cold, and windy.  The temperature is high 30's. 

I had to clean out the chicken coop today.  I shoo all the birds out and then block their entrance.  They are very curious about anything I'm doing.  They get very irritated when they can't see what I'm doing.  It took me about 30 minutes to get it cleaned out, empty the waste into the compost pile and put a new layer of shavings on the floor.  I emptied their feeder and filled it with fresh food.  Now their coop is clean, dry, and tidy. 

I checked in the hoop house for any signs of growth.  I'm happy to report there are okra, cucumbers, and marsh mallows growing.  I didn't have time to take pictures today but I will this coming week.  I'm very happy I'm now able to grow something in February.  Only 2 more months till outside planting!

Yesterday we heard back from the bank about the camper.  We got the loan!  We'll sign the papers on Tuesday.  On Wednesday we're supposed to have a walk through and learn how everything on it works.  I'm feeling a little overwhelmed about how to furnish it and have enough storage.  I'm spending a lot of time on Pinterest getting ideas.  Today I'll find out exactly where we're headed to this summer, so I can start looking for a campground close by.  Once we actually have the camper at home then I'll call the state park I have camping reservations at for later this spring and see if I need to modify my reservation to include the camper.  Jace and I laugh as we say things like, "well in our vacation home..." 

This will have to do for today.  I have to go to town for some things and then it will be time to get things ready for work tomorrow and put the chickens and myself to bed.  What a busy, busy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment