Friday, February 21, 2014

February 21, 2014 And Then We Got The Flu


Last night I went to sleep with a sore throat.  I woke up with a sore throat also.  Jace has stayed home from work for the last 2 days and feeling sick for most of the week.  

Today he went to the doctor to make sure he wasn't getting pneumonia.  Instead he tested positive for Flu A.  There are 3 versions:  Flu A, Flu B, and H1N1.  You do not want the last one.  We even got our flu shots last October.  On an interesting note, flu shots only last about 90 days.

After he called home to inform me, I made myself an appointment with the doctor and went to get my test done.  So we both have the flu.

I went straight to the store to pick up my Tamiflu and other necessary items for my quarantine.  I bought myself flowers because it is sad to be sick.  I picked up some reading material, gingerale, and loads of sympathy from the cashier.

As flu virus' go this isn't so bad.  I may think differently tomorrow.  Jace has a positive outlook saying we now have some unexpected family time together.  There's no one I'd rather be sick with.

No comments:

Post a Comment