Saturday, February 22, 2014

February 22, 2014 A Couple of Yard Sale Finds

This morning I still have a mild sore throat and fatigue.  I received an enormous breakfast in bed.  Rowan must think I eat a lot.  I'm glad to have a Saturday at home.  I'm a very grateful sick person. 



 I thought it would be nice to share some things I have found lately at consignment shops and yard sales.
 

This is such an interesting piece.   It doesn't have any sort of mark.  I doubt it is worth much.  I have been staring at it at a local consignment shop for months.  It's kind of ridiculous.  Even ostentatious.  It simply will not let me go.  So I brought it home.  It hasn't found its' rightful place as yet.  I would think on top of the china hutch once it's painted.  I think roses or peonies will look pretty in here.


 At a yard sale recently, I found this basket.  I think it may be a picnic basket.  Inside it has a plastic liner.  It's terribly ugly unless you have a creative brain.  For $3 I had to have it.


 It's looking better now.  Would you believe I picked up this chair off Craigslist for $15?  I think the basket goes perfectly with it. 


 I put yellow snapdragons and some purple flowers in the basket.


 Cozy little basket.  I wish I had thought earlier to set my little yellow rake with it. 


I am so glad that Spring is here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment