Monday, February 24, 2014

February 24, 2014 The Dump Stinks, Biscuits and Mac N Cheese Links

 For awhile now we've had a couple of different trash piles from a kitchen and bath remodel.  Three years ago we took a week long vacation and at some point the thingy under the kitchen sink started to break and spray a fine mist of water.  We came home from a 30 hour drive to a kitchen, laundry room, and master bathroom under a half inch of water. 

The kitchen, laundry room, and master bathroom had to be gutted and everything replaced.  This was a win for me since I got to remodel three of the top used rooms of the house.  We also did the demolition ourselves. 

We piled everything outside and vowed we would haul it all away when we finished our remodel.  It should have been finished in two weeks.  But we were tired and we forgot all about it.  We refused to see the piles.

Three years later and with a new truck, the faithful husband finally got it all loaded up and took it away to the dump.  Let me tell you, the dump stinks.  It stinks to high heaven.  It is a miserable gag inducing stench.  I had no idea how awful it was.  It was so bad that I needed something to stuff up my nose.  There were no tissues or napkins.  I had to tear up plastic and shove it up my nose.  I looked very attractive.  I did not care.

Jace worked at lightening speed so we could unload our three year old burden, but mostly to escape this hell on earth place.  I think garbage collectors deserve every cent they earn.

After making it home there was still this odor.  Were we imagining it?  No.  Our clothes were permeated with the odor of the dump.  This was unbelievable since we had spent less than 30 minutes there.  So off the clothes came and went into the washer.

My lesson learned:  Chop up anything and everything into pieces small enough to fit in the regular garbage can so I never have to go to the dump again.  Seriously.

Here's a couple of recipes I found on other blogs and hope to try out very soon.

Baking Powder Biscuit Recipe from Little House Living

Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese from One Hundred Dollars A Month.

No comments:

Post a Comment