Wednesday, February 26, 2014

February 26, 2014 Rainy Day Thoughts and A Throw Together Sundae

The weather today is chilly and very windy.  That will make this an inside day.  We're kind of in an open spot and really get hit with wind.  It's at its worst in spring.  The wind will howl day after day for a few months.  It can be frustrating gardening through this.  It's time to plant but you don't want your plants getting beaten up and torn to shreds from the wind.  I've had this happen.  It's very disappointing.  I'm getting better at arranging plants to be protected from the wind.  At this time there just aren't enough plants in the garden. (Remember, all those gardens in the magazines took 15 years to grow.)


(I just learned how to take a screen shot!  Woo hoo I'm feeling smart.)
As you can see from this screenshot the winds are up to 24 mph.  I temperature part is making me cranky.  It's getting colder after 11 am.  It looks like tomorrow will be good, though.

I went outside and let the chickens out.  They are always so full of bluster when they first come out.  After finding out it was cold they ran back into their coop.  Silly birds.  The daffodil has decided not to open yet.  I wouldn't either with this rain.  I'm grateful for the rain so I don't have to water the new trees, potatoes, onions, and garlic.


There are a couple of inside projects I'll be working on besides the usual housework.  I think it'll be a day for making comfort food, too.

We ended up doing all of that.  I completed some overdue housework, Rowan worked halfheartedly on her school work.  The dogs were happy to stay in the warm house and even let the cat sleep with them.

I made an appointment for Lizzie to get her hair styled.  She always looks so cute after she has it done.  There is so much cute I can't even look directly at her.  It's just too much cuteness.  I'll post a picture when she is done on Friday.

Jace came home from work and made some delicious pork chops and mashed potatoes.  I had a sweet tooth later in the evening.  Thinking back on some blogs I read today, they were all about dollar store desserts, I was inspired to pull some ingredients I had around the house to make my own small sundae.
  

Starting at the bottom I filled with a chocolate pudding snack cup, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a dollop of homemade strawberry jam, and topped with crumbled walnuts.  

It hit just the right spot and now I'm ready to tuck myself in for a long winters nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment