Friday, February 28, 2014

February 28, 2014 A Daffodil, Chicken Gate Progress and Lizzie Gets Her Hair Done

Yesterday I had a very early work meeting which had me getting up at 4:30.  It pretty much made the rest of my day worthless.  I ended up taking a nap for 3 hours.  When I got up I was tired and pretty much wanted to go back to bed the rest of the day.  So nothing was done in the garden.

Jace gave the dogs greasy pork chops yesterday.  It's been a nonstop poopfest since.  I'm pretty irritated about it.  A lot of times my life seems to revolve around poop.  Chicken poop, rabbit poop, dog poop, and cat poop.  

Today we're hoping to get the new chicken run gate done.  I don't think time will allow any more than that today.  Otherwise I'll water some things in the hoop house.  Everything is coming along nicely.  Only 25 days to go!  Lizzie got dropped off for dog grooming today.  Can't wait to get a picture when I pick her up.

I found some time to dispatch another rooster.  Only 6 more to go!  This will have to be done pretty quickly before they get too big.

Here's today in pictures:



 The first daffodil to open up.  They are smaller in size than I was expecting.  Still a pretty flower.  I'm sure they're more impressive in larger groups.


We completed framing in the area for the new gate for the new chicken run area.


They just keep growing!


The best shot of Lizzie I could get.  She was very excited to be home.  She looks so sweet.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment