Thursday, February 6, 2014

February 6, 2014

0815  I suppose the chickens want out.  They're needy like that.  Have I mentioned that one of them is trying to find their voice?  That means crowing is coming soon.  That means chicken dinner is coming soon.  Still need to watch a video on that.

Update:  I watched 2 videos.  Tomorrow might be the day...

0830  Chickens are free.  Chicken water is frozen again.  Not all the way through.  This will give them something to do.  Yesterday I gave them all my grass and weed pullings from the garden.  Is this ok?  I don't know.  They are all still alive today.  I also gave them some dog food my neighbor gave me.  They let it sit around for awhile and then they peck at it.  They seem to like it ok.  They are interesting birds but I find that I don't have a real deep affection for them.  Perhaps because I know they are livestock and are here to work and serve a purpose.  I feel the same about the rabbits.  Jace takes care of them so I don't really see them a lot anyway.

My love is for Peppermint, Lizzie, and Onslo.  I let Lizzie and Peppermint sleep on the bed last night.  A big no no, I know.  Peppermint sleeps on the bed all the time.  Lizzie was looking kind of downhearted about sleeping in the laundry room.  I think she does not like it there any longer.  Her breed is very social and she is well potty trained, so I think it may be time for her to move up in the world and stay with the family all the time.  This will of course depend on her obeying and behavior.

Today looks like it will be an inside day.  Outside it is gray, cold, and breezy at 36 degrees.  In the hoop house it is 40 degrees this morning.  No new sprouts and all the current plants look ok.



This cold and dreary weather is responsible for THIS! (pointing to evidence above)  It's a simple white cake recipe which I added brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and almonds to.


Lizzie and Peppermint sleeping.  They have been growing up together and Lizzie loves everyone and everything.  Today Rowan and I gave her a bath and conditioner.  I shaved a little more.  I'm doing it a little more and about once a week to get her used to it.  There are so many stickers that it's a lot of work trying to keep her sticker free.  It'll be easier just to keep her shaved.

 
 Isn't she cute?  I picked her up at Hobby Lobby.  I'm hoping she'll sit on the china hutch when I finish it.


This is the orange cinnamon natural cleaner I put together a couple of weeks ago.  I poured it into a bottle and put the orange peel and cinnamon sticks in the compost bucket.  It smells pretty much like you would expect:  orange, cinnamon, and vinegar.  I had already finished cleaning the kitchen (4 sink loads of dishes) so I'll have to try it tomorrow.


Lastly, this is my first paper rose I made last night.  I followed the youtube video.  For color I used a couple drops of red food coloring in about a quarter cup of water.  I'm looking forward to making some more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment