Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Reaping God's Whirlwind

 Something happened in April.

I washed clothes.  

After that it was kind of a blur.  I mention that I washed clothes because that's where I can trace back this particular chain of events and changing our entire life course.

That day in April after I washed clothes I went to put them away in the little girl's room.  Her room was a disaster as usual.  I wondered why I even bothered with putting things away.  Then I decided to clean.  A deep clean.  The black Hefty trash bag kind of clean.  The kind of clean your kids live in fear of because you'll probably throw out all their treasures.


Once the cleaning was done I decided to finally redo her room.  When we moved into this house the little girl was 2 and other areas of the house needed more attention.  She also switched bedrooms several times.  Now she is getting into her preteen years and saying goodbye to all her "baby" stuff.


I painted her room and we got rid of so many toys and just plain junk.  She picked a pastel pink for her walls.  Two of her favorite things right now are Paris/French and horses.  That's how we started decorating her room.


We were working on her bedding because we also upgraded her bed to a queen size.  Her room is actually larger than the master bedroom.  That's kind of frustrating.  As we were doing that this arrived...
 

Yes, a baby kitten.  Then we went out of town for a convention. 


 

 Oops... I should have said 7 kittens!  While we were busy with those I kept working on the little girl's room.  Then I started getting ideas about the rest of the house.  I started tossing stuff and thinking I was turning into a minimalist.  We had a yard sale.  
 

We started home school for the year and took a trip to the zoo.  I continued cleaning and painting.  Cleaning and painting.  Cleaning and painting.  Why?  Why, why, why.  I had no idea.  

Things started coming together like the perfect storm.  The husband's job is ending.  The boss is retiring and there's no guarantee the company will keep him on.  We don't like the amount of money we will have paid for this house with a traditional mortgage.  We don't want to be paying a mortgage in 20 years.  We'd like to go back to the mountains.  

Things are moving quickly now.  We are officially selling the house.  We're not sure if we'll be staying in this area a little while longer or if we'll pack it all up and move right away.

Now my days will be consumed with cleaning and staging the house.  I'm bringing in help.  It's almost too overwhelming, which is why I'm eating Blue Bell and blogging.  Where do I start packing stuff for the storage unit?

All of this because I washed clothes one day in April.   

Sharing with:

1 comment:

  1. I hope this transition will be a smooth one for you! Getting help to get things in order will be good - all the while God will give you all peace and direction - wishing you all the best! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete