Sunday, March 29, 2015

Thankyou Bloggers and Round Top Prep

Whatcha wanna do?  I don't know..watch t.v....


We are now in the last stages of selling and moving.  We're not quite ready to leave the house, so at this point furniture is optional.  About 90% of our things are in storage.  We still retain the washer/dryer, refridgerator, couch, and beds.  Also our necessaries for clothing.

 

With some time on my hands I get to work on something I dislike...getting things ready for the shop.  Here's a couple of things I found this week.   


 Once I bring an item home it has to be cleaned.  Most everything at estate sales comes in an "As Is" condition.  Things must be cleaned as there's always dirt and deficiencies not noticed at the sale in the poor lighting.  Hours can be spent on cleaning and finding the correct polish to give it just the right shine.  Once the items are cleaned they must be researched to find a fair price.  I'm pretty spot on in guessing what I think it can sell for, but there's a few times I have been made weak in the knees to find out what they are really worth.  I recommend sitting when finding out what items are worth. I still find researching time consuming and wish I didn't have to do it.


Aren't these shish-ka-bobs or skewers quaint?  They are pewter, made in Greece, and represent farm life.

Another thing that qualifies as "research" is reading blogs.  It's an essential part of having a shop space for me. It provides necessary clues as to what I need to shop for, what's trending, what's hot!  I also take design cues and display ideas from you ladies.  For all these things, I say, "Thank You!"  Without all your hard work, I couldn't do my job.  

This week will be wonderfully quiet as I get ready for a big day at my job...Shopping the last day of spring at Round Top. This is an incredible experience that I look forward to like a little child.  But it's business and boy howdy do I mean business when I'm there.  Giddy and laughing inside, but still business.  I feel like I should be doing stretches and squats or something to get ready for this.  Did I tell you where Hubby put my super-special shopping cart for this?  Yep, in the very back corner of a 9x10 storage unit.  Impossible to get to.  Luckily I still have the wagon.  I have visions of Scarlett O'Hara holding a wagon handle in one hand and a raised fist saying, "I shall never go cartless again!"

I'll be bringing you pictures from that adventure soon.  One thing I learned about pictures from Round Top last year is the more the better.  My goal is 100 pictures.  Can't wait to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment